Donating items to Betel
Do you have furniture or items that you no longer require but would like to see them go to good use? They may be perfect for Betel to use, restore or sell directly through one of our shops.
Through the generosity of people donating furniture, white goods and small items to us, Betel is able to operate a number of Charity shops throughout the UK. As well as providing work and experience for Betel residents and raising funds for the charity, we are able to support local communities by providing quality second hand furniture at affordable prices.
Donated furniture is either sold directly through our charity shops or where appropriate restored in one of our workshops and sold through one of our Restored outlets or website. All proceeds from sales go towards supporting the life-changing work of Betel UK.
If you have something to donate please take a look at our guidelines below to check that it is appropriate then find your nearest Betel shop and ring to discuss a collection.
You may have a room, whole house or even garage that you need clearing. We offer a professional and discreet house clearance service understanding that often the need for this kind of requirement is often due to unfortunate family circumstances. Only items which we cannot use, restore or sell will be charged for to be removed and disposed of.
We are extremely grateful for the generous donations made to Betel however we can only take furniture and other items that are in re-sellable condition or appropriate for restoration. So that we do not offend anyone by having to turn down donations when our teams arrive to make a collection please check that the items you wish to donate will match our requirements.
- Good quality furniture
- Sofas & soft furnishings (with appropriate fire labels-see below)
- White goods (must be fully working and clean)
- Kitchen utensils
- Hi-Fis & DVD players with remotes
- TV’s (must be flat screen style with working remotes)
- Household Linen
- Records, CDs & DVDs
- Good Quality Toys (with a valid CE Safety Mark)
- Garden tools and equipment
- Bric a brac
- Other items there may be appropriate for resale (please ring to discuss)
Sorry we cannot take:
- Gas cookers.
- Old Televisions (CRT Tubes).
- Electric blankets.
- Upholstered furniture (anything with foam) without correct label. Including headboards, sofas, chairs, footstools, beanbags, and scatter cushions (We must meet all legal and Trading standards requirements – items must comply with the 1988 or 1993 furniture regulations.
- Carpet that must be uplifted.
- Any other item that is not in a saleable or fit condition to be sold.
If in any doubt then please ring your local shop to discuss.
Find your nearest shop: