Nomination for BBC Cook of the Year 2018
Would you please nominate Phil Colbourne, our lead manager at Rising Café in Coventry, as BBC Cook of the Year at the BBC Food and Farming Awards? Nominations are open until Monday 29th January (i.e. Next Monday!).
If you would be willing to nominate him having either worked with him, seen or tasted his work or seen the impact of his work at the Cafe, the link is: https://bbc.lvis.io/bbccookoftheyear/
If you would prefer to email the BBC, the address is email@example.com and the form and the information is: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/radio4/foodprogramme/Food_Farming_Award_Postal_nomination_2018.pdf (please note you will need to show that the nomination is for BBC Cook of the Year)
The BBC statement is below:
Nominations are now open for the 2018 Food and Farming Awards 2018.
We have a Cook of the Year category where we celebrate individuals who are imaginative and innovative at mealtimes. We’re looking for the unsung heroes whose cooking is making a real difference to people’s lives; the cooks working in community centres, hospitals, schools, care homes and universities. If you know someone preparing tasty, healthy meals on a budget and transforming any public place or institution through food, we want to hear about them
In terms of things that they are looking for:
- Imaginative and innovative cooking style – appealing and creative menus.
- Cooking which makes a real difference to people’s lives – The impact of his leadership within the Rising Café team is what helps to spur them on.
- Sustainability – that he with the Rising Cafe team helped to transform an area at the Café which was previously unsuccessfully run by other companies into a thriving local community restaurant.
- Impact on the Cathedral and Coventry as a community – if you work at the Cathedral or live in or around Coventry, please share your experiences.
- How does Phil meet or exceed the criteria for Cook of the Year.
Many thanks for your support from our men and women at the Rising Cafe and Betel UK.