Through the generosity of people donating furniture, white goods and small items to us, Betel is able to operate a number of Charity shops throughout the UK. As well as providing work and experience for Betel residents and raising funds for the charity, we are able to support local communities by providing quality second hand furniture at affordable prices.
We are extremely grateful for the generous donations made to Betel. However, we are only able take furniture and other items that are in re-sellable condition or appropriate for restoration as disposal costs are high and our storage space is very limited. In order to avoid offence in having your item turned down by one of our drivers, please check that the items you wish to donate will match our requirements.
- Good quality furniture
- Old furniture which is restorable (ring to discuss)
- Sofas & soft furnishings with appropriate fire labels (see below)
- White goods (must be fully working and clean)
- Kitchen utensils
- Hi-Fis & DVD players with remotes
- TV’s (must be flat screen style with working remotes)
- Household Linen
- Vinyls, CDs & DVDs
- Good Quality Toys (with a valid CE Safety Mark)
- Garden tools and equipment
- Other items there may be appropriate for resale (please ring to discuss)
We apologise that we cannot take:
- Gas cookers.
- Upholstered furniture (anything with foam) without correct label. This includes headboards, sofas, chairs, footstools, beanbags, and scatter cushions (All items collected and resold must meet all legal and Trading standards requirements – items must comply with the 1988 or 1993 furniture regulations and carry relevant fire labels).
- Old Televisions (CRT Tubes).
- Electric blankets.
- Carpet that must be uplifted.
- Any other item that is broken or not in a fit condition to be sold.
If in any doubt then please call us to discuss.