Betel UK Furniture
Betel UK charity shops specialise in quality second-hand and restored furniture, white goods, small household items and bric-a-brac. Our shops rely on donations of unwanted furniture in saleable condition, which Betel then offers at affordable prices to the local community. Staffed entirely by volunteers, these shops are key to the charity as they provide valuable work and experience for Betel residents while raising the necessary funds for their recovery.
With a wide and regularly changing stock, as well as local home delivery and unbeatable prices, Betel UK stores are an excellent choice for affordable furniture.
Donating items to Betel
Do you have furniture or items that you no longer require but would like to see go to good use? They may be perfect for Betel to use, restore or sell directly through one of our shops.
Donated furniture is either sold directly from our retail shops or, where appropriate, restored in our workshops and sold through one of our Restored outlets or website. All proceeds from sales go towards supporting the life-changing work of Betel UK.
If you have something to donate please take a look at our guidelines below to check that it is appropriate then find your nearest Betel shop and ring to discuss a collection or drop off.
If you have a room, whole house or garage that needs clearing, we offer a professional and discreet house clearance service with an understanding that such services are often due to unfortunate family circumstances. Our services are also much cheaper than most, as only items which we cannot use, restore or sell will be charged for removal and disposal. In addition, you can have the peace of mind that your items will directly benefit the restoration of broken lives.
We are extremely grateful for the generous donations made to Betel. However, we are only able take furniture and other items that are in re-sellable condition or appropriate for restoration as disposal costs are high and our storage space is very limited. In order to avoid offence in having your item turned down by one of our drivers, please check that the items you wish to donate will match our requirements.
- Good quality furniture
- Old furniture which is restorable (ring to discuss)
- Sofas & soft furnishings with appropriate fire labels (see below)
- White goods (must be fully working and clean)
- Kitchen utensils
- Hi-Fis & DVD players with remotes
- TV’s (must be flat screen style with working remotes)
- Household Linen
- Vinyls, CDs & DVDs
- Good Quality Toys (with a valid CE Safety Mark)
- Garden tools and equipment
- Other items there may be appropriate for resale (please ring to discuss)
We apologise that we cannot take:
- Gas cookers.
- Upholstered furniture (anything with foam) without correct label. This includes headboards, sofas, chairs, footstools, beanbags, and scatter cushions (All items collected and resold must meet all legal and Trading standards requirements – items must comply with the 1988 or 1993 furniture regulations and carry relevant fire labels).
- Old Televisions (CRT Tubes).
- Electric blankets.
- Carpet that must be uplifted.
- Any other item that is broken or not in a fit condition to be sold.
If in any doubt then please ring your local shop to discuss. ( Click Here to locate a store )